Your visit begins at the time you scheduled. For example: “Your scheduled 30 minute, 11 am appointment begins right at 11 am.” If you log in a few minutes before your visit, you’ll see a helpful timer counting down until your visit begins. When scheduling a visit, all times will be shown will reflect the facility time zone.
- Log in to your GettingOut account.
- Click on the “Calendar” tab.
- If the visit has not been accepted by the inmate, it will read “Invited.”
- If the inmate has approved the visit, it will read “Confirmed.”
This video will show you how to schedule a visit for the first time. Scheduling a visit is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Step 1, log in to www.gettingout.com and deposit funds.
- Step 2, find your friend and suggest a time to visit.
- Step 3, wait for your friend to accept your invitation.
Here are the details:
- Once you log in to your GettingOut account, you can schedule a visit by clicking on the Visit link or the Contacts tab.
- Search for your friend by choosing their facility, choosing whether they’re an adult or juvenile, and typing in their name.
- Click the Search button and find your friend.
- Click on the Schedule Visit button.
- You’ll see different options to visit depending on what the facility offers. You can visit at the facility or remotely from home.
- Choose a date from the calendar or click the Today button.
- Select a convenient time to visit.
- Select the length of your visit. You’ll also see how much the visit will cost.
- Click the Select Visit Time button, and then click Accept and Continue.
- It’s always a good idea to test your microphone and webcam before you start your actual visit. Click the OK button.
- Click the Start button. You’ll know the test is successful when you see yourself on camera and your microphone is working.
- Your suggested visit time has been sent. As a friendly reminder, your friend or must accept the invitation first before you can visit.
- You’ll see the confirmation note in your Messages.
Here’s how to add a Contact:
- Log in to your GettingOut account and click on the “Contacts” tab.
- Find your friend.
- Click the Schedule Visit.
- Once your friend accept your visit, they’ll be added as a Contact.
How To Add a Contact
In this video, you’ll learn how to add a contact to your account so you can video visit, share photos and send messages.*
Adding a Contact is easy. First, log in to your GettingOut account and deposit funds. Then, schedule a suggested visit with your friend and wait for them to accept.
- Log in to your GettingOut account and click on the Contacts tab and find your friend
- Next, click on the Schedule Visit button and continue.
- Once you visit, your friend will be added to your Contacts.
To start a remote visit:
- Log into Gettingout account 5 minutes prior to start time
- You should see a green start button under Quick Links (left side of profile)
- Click start button
- Click “allow” when the adobe flashplayer pop-up screen appears. You will see yourself on the screen.
- Wait for inmate to connect
- If Green start button does not appear, log out and log back in.
- Ensure you are logging in at most 5 minutes prior to visit start time.
- Ensure your visit is confirmed by checking the “Calendar” tab.
- Schedule a suggested visit.
- If the inmate approves you can visit and also be added as a contact.
- Also, the inmate can send you a request if they have your email address. You’ll be sent a message to your GettingOut account asking if you want to accept the invitation.
You can test your camera and microphone before you start your visit using the Video Visit Troubleshooter.
Here’s what you need to choose for the Adobe Flash Player Settings:
- When the pop-up window appears for the Flash settings, click on the second tab. It looks like a monitor icon with an eye.
- Select “Allow” and click the “Remember” box.
- Select the Close button.
- Attempt to restart your video visit.
You will need the following:
- A computer.
- A webcam and microphone, or a computer with these components built in (most laptops have these built in).
- Latest version of Safari and Firefox. Using other browsers may not load the page appropriately in order to begin your visitation.
- Latest version of Flashplayer must be installed on the browser you are going to use for your visit. If you’re not sure what version of Flash you have, go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and update your computer to the most current version for free.
- A high-speed Internet connection is recommended. Dial-up and satellite are not supported.
- When using a Wi-Fi connection, you may experience a lag or delay depending on the traffic of your connection. Internet connectivity issues are not subject to credit.
- For the best visit experience you should use headphones, but they‘re not required.
- You can test your webcam and microphone for at-home visitations: https://visit.telmate.com/test
- We cannot assist with downloading and installing newest Flashplayer or browser versions.
- We cannot guarantee that your visit will be issue free as internet connection, camera, and microphone problems could exist that our test cannot identify.
Deposits to an inmate's trust account, as well as probation, community corrections, and background check payments are provided by TouchPay Holdings, LLC d/b/a GTL Financial Services, which is also the owner and manager of this website. TouchPay Holdings, LLC d/b/a GTL Financial Services is wholly owned by Global Tel*Link Corporation.