What happens to my funds if my inmate is moved from one facility to another?

  • If the inmate is transferred to another facility that uses Telmate services, the funds on your account can still be used.
  • If the funds are on the Inmate Account, the inmate will need to request the transfer of funds from the previous facility to the new facility.
  • If the inmate is transferred to a facility Telmate does not service, the funds will not transfer and a refund will need to be issued. To request a refund please contact customer service.

You can use the What Is Available at My Facility checker (scroll to the bottom of the page) to see what Telmate services are available.

Back to Help Center