The ability to share photos is a facility-specific feature. If the option is not displaying for you, it is likely the facility at which your contact is located does not allow photo sharing.
Directly under the photo, within the ‘chat view,’ a status is displayed. If a status of ‘Approved’ is displayed then the photo was accepted by the facility and available for your contact to view.
- Select Contact to send message
- Open ‘+’ in the bottom left corner of the chat view
- Select ‘Share Photo’
- Select to take new photo or select photo from device (will need to agree to permissions if a first time user)
- Once photo is selected, click ‘Send’
All photos are subject to approval. Please contact customer service for more information about photo policies.
To send and receive messages, you need to:
- Add funds to your Friends & Family Account so that you can send messages to your loved one, and to ensure your loved one can return your messages you can add funds to their Inmate Account.
- Once funds have been deposited, you can send and receive messages.
- From your account, click the “Message” tab then click on “ Send new message.”
Note: You must have a sufficient balance to send messages.
Make sure your photo is the correct position before sending.
Here’s a few things to keep in mind about sending messages:
- If you don’t hear back from the inmate right away it’s because every message has to be approved before you get a response.
- Check the horn notification icon in top right-hand corner to see if the message is pending for approval.
- Make sure that when you send your message, you get the pop-up that says, “Your message has been sent,” and shows how much you’ve been charged. If you don’t get this pop-up, make sure you have enough funds on your account.
- You can also click the horn icon if it turns orange to review any error messages.
Deposit into your Friends & Family Account to send messages and pay for visits.
Log in to your GettingOut account and look under the “Message” or “News” tab.
- Posting a new status update allows anyone in your Contacts to see a message you wrote.
- Sending a message is a private communicate between you and one Contact.
Deposits to an inmate's trust account, as well as probation, community corrections, and background check payments are provided by TouchPay Holdings, LLC d/b/a GTL Financial Services, which is also the owner and manager of this website. TouchPay Holdings, LLC d/b/a GTL Financial Services is wholly owned by Global Tel*Link Corporation.